1. He alone teaches who has something to give.
2. Negative thought weakens. Do you not find that where parents are constantly taxing their sons to read and write, telling them they will never learn anything, and calling them fools and so forth, the latter do actually turn out to be so in many cases?
If you speak kind words to boys and encourage them, they are bound to improve in time. What holds good of children, also holds good of children in the region of higher thoughts.
If you can give them positive ideas, people will grow up to be men and learn to stand on their own legs. In language and literature, in poetry and arts--------------in everything we must point out not the mistakes that people are making in their thoughts and actions, but the way in which they will gradually be able to do these things better. Pointing out mistakes wounds a man’s feelings.
3. No one was ever really taught by another; each of us has to teach himself.
4. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
5. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
6. All teaching, implies giving and taking.
7. Education can never be carried out by criticism or discouragement. Only he who sees the noblest thing in the taught can be an effective teacher.
8. None can teach another.
9. Without real sympathy we can never teach well.
10. You have to teach yourself.
11. None can teach you; none can make a spiritual man of you.
12. The first test of true teaching must be, that the teaching should not contradict reason.
13. Be positive; do not criticise others. Give your message, teach what you have to teach, and there stop.
14. Take the hands away and there is light; the light exists always for us, the self-effulgent nature of the human soul.