1. Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in your own way absorb it; do not become others.
2. Study, and then meditate on what you have studied.
3. The secret of life is not enjoyment, but education through experience.
4. The object of life is to learn.
5. The more we know the better for us.
6. You have to teach yourself; your growth must come from inside.
7. It is man-making education all round that we want.
8. Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in your own way absorb it; do not become others.
9. We must have life-building, man-making, character-making assimilation of ideas.
10. Men must have education. They speak of democracy, of the equality of all men, these days. But how will a man know he is equal with all?
11. Whenever you learn (gain anything) from another man’s words, know that you had the experience in a previous existence, because experience is the only teacher.
12. Let positive, strong, helpful thought enter into their brains from very childhood. Lay yourselves open to these thoughts, and not to weakening and paralysing ones.
13. My motto is to learn whatever good things I may come across anywhere.
14. Until the inner teacher opens, all outside teaching is in vain.
15. A child teaches itself.
16. A child educates itself.
17. Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man....Real education is that which enables one to stand on one's own legs. The education that you are receiving now in schools and colleges is only making you a race of dyspeptics. You are working like machines merely, and living a jellyfish existence.
18. We have wept long enough; no more weeping, but stand on your feet and be men. It is a man-making religion that we want. It is man-making theories that we want. It is man-making education all around that we want. And here is the test of truth--------------------anything that makes you weak physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject as poison; there is no life in it, it cannot be true. Truth is strengthening. Truth is purity, Truth is all knowledge. Truth must be strengthening, must be enlightening, must be invigorating.
19. There is only one purpose in the whole of life--------------------EDUCATION.
20. ALL KNOWLEDGE IS WITHIN US. ALL PERFECTION IS THERE ALREADY IN THE SOUL.
21. HE WHOSE BOOK OF THE HEART HAS BEEN OPENED NEEDS NO OTHER BOOKS.